Losing your weed is possibly one of the worst things you can do. But have you ever thought of training your pooch to help you find your stash? Dogs have an excellent sense of smell, so your four-legged friend may be better at finding your missing weed than you. If you want your own personal ganja dog and are ready to kiss the days of missing bud goodbye, then here is a step by step guide on how to train your dog to find lost weed.
If you consume the herb, then chances are you’ve lost your stash a time or two. It’s one thing to lose items such as your car keys or wallet. But when you misplace your precious buds it’s the ultimate disappointment.
Not only can it take hours to track down your weed, but it also may wind up in the wrong hands if you’re not quick enough. However, if you have a dog at home, then you may never have to live through the stressful days of searching for lost ganja ever again.
Dogs have an excellent sense of smell so they can find just about anything, including your bud. Therefore, training your four-legged friend to find your weed is possibly one of the best decisions you could ever make.
The steps You need to do
With one simple command, your dog will recover your buds before you even have time to stress. So, if you’re ready to say goodbye to the days of missing ganja, here are the 10 steps to training your pooch:
- Pick a toy that can easily hold weed inside and instruct your dog to find it while he/she is playing with it. Be sure to give the toy a particular name.
- Take the toy away.
- Replace the toy that contains weed with one that doesn’t.
- Say nothing.
- If your dog can tell the difference between the toy with ganja and the one without, then move on to the next steps. Otherwise, repeat as necessary.
- Hide the weed-scented toy.
- Show your dog the toy without the pot. Then, put it in your pocket.
- Instruct your dog to find the toy (say the name that you chose in step one.)
- Watch as your ganja dog tracks down the toy and rejoice.
If you successfully were able to get your four-legged friend to find your stash, then be sure to reward them. After all, how many dogs do you know that can find pot?
Also, if your pet doesn’t enjoy stuffed animals, then try using a tennis ball. All you do is cut a small hole, put the weed inside (the danker, the better), seal it up, punch small holes into it to release the smell, and then you’re done.
- Do you know of any other methods? Leave a comment below