Moldy weed is no pleasant thing. Molds and mildews can release harmful, toxic chemicals called mycotoxins. Mycotoxins can affect a person’s health in a variety of ways. However, those with compromised immune systems are most likely to experience deleterious effects of mold exposure. Here are four ways to tell if you’re smoking moldy weed.
One of the most obvious ways to look for moldy weed is to check for visible signs of growth. Speckled white powder substances and grayish green fuzz are surefire signs of mold or mildew.
When growing plants, it is important to check them regularly for signs of mold and mildew. If a mold problem has been caught early enough, it will be possible to save the crop. If not, sacrificing the plant or all of the molded plants may be infected.
Mold spores can travel through the air and easily spread to other plants. These spores can then grow into fungus when the right conditions are met.
If dried bud shows signs of mold, it is recommended to toss that sample and what it has touched. Using a magnifying glass and a light can help you better spot molds beginning in the bud.
Many cannabis strains have a natural, musky sweet aroma. But, if it smells damp, overly sweet, or just a little odd, that’s good reason to be a little suspect.
Dried buds that have an aroma similar to freshly cut grass can also be questionable. A fresh grass fragrance is a sign that the bud may not have been dried and cured properly.
Flower that hasn’t been properly dried and cured is more likely to mold during storage, especially if it is not stored properly.
Experiencing chest pain
Some strains may have more of a lung-expansive effect than others. However, feeling uncomfortable chest pain or feeling tight or ill after smoking or vaporizing cannabis is a bad sign.
Consuming contaminated bud can cause this problem, no matter whether the herb has been exposed to molds, fertilizers, and chemical pesticides. Always contact a doctor if you experience severe chest pain.
Allergies such as eye inflammation, mucus, or an itchy throat or mouth can be a sign of an allergic reaction to mycotoxin exposure. If the allergic reaction is bad enough, it is important to visit a doctor.
However, if this a new reaction to cannabis, it is possible that mold, mildew, or a residual contaminant might be to blame.
- Leave a comment below
CBD oil is the most popular ingredient on the block this year. If this is …
With weed’s rapidly expanding legalization, a lot of people are trying it for the first …
With cannabis becoming a staple for those who would like to medicate naturally, there are …
The grizzled edges of a marijuana leaf aren’t as unique as you think. SHOP HERE …