Amazing Benefits of Rosin

In recent years, rosin has become popular among cannabis patients and enthusiasts alike. Featuring a sticky consistency, similar to sap, rosin is rich in terpenes and cannabinoids. When made properly, rosin rivals any cannabis extract on the market today. In fact, some say rosin is the future of cannabis concentrates.

Here are just a few of the many amazing benefits of rosin.

What is Rosin?

Rosin is an extraction process that combines heat and pressure to make solventless hash oil (SHO). This technique produces a high-terpene and cannabinoid-rich resin.

The precise origins of rosin are not known, but some facts have been established. The rosin technique is believed to have initially been posted to Instagram on a page called Soilgrown Solventless, in February 2015. However, it is possible that the technique had been known for some time prior. After this posting, the internet began accumulating reports of rosin extractions.

A huge benefit to this technique, is that rosin can be produced in the safety of your home; no more worrying about explosive hydrocarbons to make full-melt concentrates, no more half melts, no more poison soup and no more “melt struggles.” Period. Now, with the ability to turn any bubble, sift, half-melt, scissor hash, sandy dry sift, water hash, flowers and even trim into pure solvent-free oil, we have witnessed a colossal and positive change in the hash game.

Another Major Victory For Marijuana In Workplace

For best results, use a rosin press.

Unlike a hair straightener, a rosin press is precise. A rosin press will apply the right amount of heat and pressure to properly extract cannabinoids and terpenes.

Rosin Contains Zero Residual Solvents

While rosin looks nearly identical to other cannabis concentrations like BHO, there is one huge difference. Rosin is completely solventless. Unlike BHO (butane hash oil), rosin does not require a solvent. Which means there’s zero risk of residuals in the end product. The result is purer meds.

Butane is extremely harsh on the human body and the environment. Rosin produces a completely clean, potent product when extracted properly. In fact, rosin is comparable to BHO in potency. For patients who need pure and powerful meds – the choice is obvious.

Rosin is Safer to Produce

Extreme precautions must be taken when producing butane extractions. Butane is highly flammable and susceptible to explosion. It is an extremely volatile substance. Unfortunately, a large number of accidents have occurred from people trying to produce extracts with solvents like butane. Granted, many of these accidents were caused by amateurs who did not follow safe extraction methods. Nevertheless, making concentrations from butane is risky business. Even when handled with the utmost care, butane still poses considerable dangers. Serious harm or even death can occur. Rosin completely avoids these risks.

5 Biggest Hemp Producing Countries

Rosin is Simple to Make

Did you know that with the right equipment, you could make rosin in a few minutes? Rosin presses apply heat and pressure. This combo liquefies the terpene and cannabinoid content in flower into a sticky wax. The process of making rosin is incredibly efficient. In a single day you can make high-quality concentrates. For new labs or caregivers, this is a huge advantage of rosin in comparison to closed-loop systems, which can take months, or even years to get up and running.

Rosin Offers Higher Potency

Rosin is highly concentrated. Some reports indicate rosin can have 50 to 70 percent THC content. Flower, on the other hand, normally comes in around 25-30%. The effects of rosin are therefore much stronger. The rich cannabinoid and terpene content of rosin make it a popular choice among patients. Less product is needed for the same desired effects. Pure and potent, rosin is economical and practical. It is also a cleaner option when processed properly because there are no additives.

Rosin is Fast Acting

Need a fast but powerful dose of cannabis? Rosin is a great choice. Because it is a concentrated form of cannabis, rosin is loaded with cannabinoids like THC and CBD. One dab of rosin provides a large dose of cannabinoids quickly. You would need to smoke 3 to 4 times the amount to get the same quantity of cannabinoids as dabbing rosin. With rosin, a little bit goes a long way. The strong effects take hold swiftly so it’s best to dose a small amount at a time. Rosin is beneficial for patients who need fast acting powerful doses of cannabis medicine.

Marlboro To Invests $1.8 billion in Marijuana Company Cronos

  • 311
Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

©2020 Zenpype

Zenpype Cannabis News Feed
Would love to hear your thoughts...x
Zenpype Cannabis News Feed

Log in with your credentials

or Create an account

Forgot your details?

Create Account