Contrary to popular belief, cannabis CAN be used to improve productivity even if you have to study for a test.
Using cannabis has many positive effects on the brain, even if prohibitionist ads of cannabis users show us to be lazy, forgetful, and absent-minded. But cannabis can help your memory in such a way that it can actually help you prepare for a test and help you succeed.
How Marijuana Helps Your Brain
A recent study shows that THC could be the key to improving memory. The study was conducted by administering small doses of THC (tetrahydrocannabidiol, the cannabinoid that gets you high) on old mice, and the scientists found that they showed “dramatic improvement in cognitive functions.” The researchers came up with these findings after administering some behavioral experiments which involved testing the mice’s memory, the ability to learn new information, as well as other aspects of their cognitive skills.
The stress faced with taking a test or pressures from school can also cause stress, which can affect the brain. Stress in itself already causes anxiety and depression, but studies show that cannabis protects the brain from the side effects of stress. Specifically, the researchers discovered that “cannabinoid receptor activation could represent a novel approach to the treatment of cognitive deficits that accompany a variety of stress-related neuropsychiatric disorders.” In other words, the cannabinoids in cannabis can protect your brain from the damage caused by stress.
Cannabis also helps you grow new brain cells, a process called neurogenesis. So the next time someone tells you that cannabis makes you dumb, you can explain the science to them. When you consume THC, the CB1 receptors in the brain and central nervous system are activated. This very process stops the release of inflammatory chemicals that contribute to neurodegenerative disease, such as Alzheimer’s in old age.
Cannabis also comes in handy for individuals with ADD and ADHD. These conditions make it extremely challenging to focus on your tasks, and the pharmaceuticals commonly prescribed for these conditions also have negative side effects. Use cannabis instead to calm you down while helping to improve your focus.
How To Use Cannabis To Prepare For A Exam.
We can’t deny that sometimes, we are indeed forgetful especially when we get too high. THC can cause temporary memory loss, but there’s a way to harness the powers of cannabis in helping you prepare for and pass a test.
- Know when to smoke: Having a productive cannabis lifestyle is completely possible, but knowing when the right time to smoke is completely up to you. Some people retain memory better when they study while stoned, while others prefer to get stoned after studying. What’s your experience like? Cannabis affects everyone differently, so it’s important that you know the right time for you to toke up.
- Choose the right kind of cannabis strain. There are easily hundreds of strains in the market, but the right cannabis strain can help you zone into a productive, creative state. Sativa strains are uplifting and energizing; known to give you a mental and physical boost that can power you through long hours of studying if needed. Indica strains are calming and relaxing, and will likely make you fall asleep. Hybrid strains can offer a balanced high between sativa and indica, or may be sativa-dominant or indica-dominant. Here’s a list of some strains that are well-known for helping users become more productive.
- Don’t smoke too much: Smoking yourself silly no matter what you smoke will only lead to you being completely unproductive. You need to find a dose that works for you, but if you don’t always start small. Microdosing is always a good idea – many find that microdosing cannabis can help improve productivity, plus it also has many other health benefits.
- Consider vaping: Instead of smoking joints or blunts, give vaping a try. Many people find that vaping delivers a clear-headed high with less sedative effects. It’s also a healthier way to consume cannabis, so consider a vape the next time you have to study for a test.
- Do you like our articles? Spread some love and let us know in the comments below.