The health benefits of coconut oil are many, and include hair care, skin care, stress relief, cholesterol level maintenance, weight loss, boosted immune system, proper digestion and regulated metabolism. Coconut oil can also provide relief from kidney problems, heart diseases, high blood pressure, diabetes, HIV, and cancer, while helping to improve dental quality and bone strength. Cannabis coconut oil can be more potent than cannabutter or other types of oil. While butter has a saturated fat of about 60%, coconut oil is about 90% saturated fat. You can make smaller or larger batches using a 1:1 ratio, making sure to use enough coconut oil to cover your cannabis completely.
You will need:
- cooking pot (medium to large size)
- 1,25l of distilled water
- 50g dried cannabis blossoms (or a mix of trim and bud). Break them up a bit before you add them to the coconut oil. Decarboxylation will make your oil potent, activated and ready-to-use.
- 250ml of organic coconut oil
- fine strainer (cheesecloth)
- Glass container with lid
1. Melt 250ml of coconut oil in your cooking pot and use low heat.
2. Add 1,25l of distilled water to your oil once it melted.
3. Throw your 50g of finely ground buds into the mixture.
4. Give the mixture a good amount of heat for about one hour. Stir frequently. After one hour, reduce temperatures substantially and aim for a simmering at low temperatures for 8-12 hours. Try to keep oil under 160° for best results.
5. Filter the mixture through a cheese cloth or strainer, into your container.
6. Close the container and put it in the fridge to cool.
7. After about 12 hours, you can simply take the coconut oil from the surface and poor the liquid down the drain.
- Leave a comment below