Coffee and cannabis…. what a great way to start your day! Or anytime of the day! This coffee cake is pretty easy to make with lots of butter, so it’s perfect for a medicated make-over.
2 sticks strong cannabutter, room temperature
2½ cups sugar, divided into 2 cups and ½ cup
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups (1 pint) sour cream
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup walnuts, chopped
1 cup chocolate chips
1 tablespoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground cardamom
Heat oven to 350.
1. Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
2. In a small bowl, mix 1/2 cup of the sugar with the walnuts, chocolate chips, cinnamon and cardamom. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter and 2 cups of sugar. Add eggs, blending well, then the sour cream and vanilla.
4. Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt.
5. Fold the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture, and beat until just blended. Do not overbeat.
6. Pour one-third of the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with half of the nut/chocolate mixture. Repeat. Then add remaining batter.
7. Bake until the center of the cake is set, about 50-60 minutes. A cake tester or toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean. Oven temps can vary quite a bit, so please check for doneness after 45 minutes.
8. Allow to cool. Slice, eat and enjoy!