This medicated recipe for classic Italian dish will make your head, heart and stomach happy!
- 1 lb ground organic turkey (you may substitute beef)
- 3 tablespoons cannabis infused extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion (finely diced)
- 2 cloves of garlic (finely minced)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz) jar of tomato sauce
- 1 (6 oz) can of tomato paste
- 1 (8 oz) box of no-boil lasagna noodles
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1½ cups cottage cheese
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8 oz) bag shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (8 oz) bag shredded cheddar cheese
- To begin, preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly grease a baking dish with some cooking spray.
- Heat up 3 tablespoons of cannabis olive oil in a large skillet over medium to medium-low heat.
- Dice the onions, mince the garlic, and chop the parsley. Then, add the diced onions and minced garlic to your hot skillet. Season with 1 teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of black pepper and stir well to combine.
- Proceed to add in the ground turkey meat, stirring to ensure that all the ground turkey is broken up some. Continue to cook the ground turkey and onions, crumbling the meat up as you cook it, until all of the meat has been browned.
- After the turkey meat is finished cooking, drain any excess fat from the skillet.
- Once the fat has been drained, add the can of stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, and tomato paste. Put your skillet back on the stove top over medium-heat. Stir well, and then place the lid on your skillet and allow the contents to simmer for 15 minutes. Don’t forget to stir occasionally.
- Then, in a large bowl, beat the 2 eggs and then proceed to add in the 1½ cups cottage cheese, ½ cup ricotta cheese, ½ cup of Parmesan cheese (the remaining ¼ cup will be used to crown the lasagna), 2 teaspoons of chopped parsley, 1 teaspoon of salt, and your remaining ½ teaspoon of black pepper. Stir well to combine.
- After, spread a thin layer of meat sauce on the bottom of your prepped baking dish and proceed to lay the lasagna noodles over top, making sure to overlap the noodles by ½”.
- Then, spread a thicker layer of the cottage-cheese mixture (using anywhere from one-third to one-half of the total mixture) over top the layer of lasagna noodles. Crown the cottage-cheese layer with half of the shredded mozzarella cheese as well as half of the shredded cheddar cheese.
- After, pour more of the meat sauce on top of the cheese layer and repeat the layering process in the same order until your dish is full.
- Finally, sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese over the top of the lasagna dish.
- Bake the lasagna for 30-35 minutes, or until the cheeses are completely melted and the sauce is hot and bubbling around the edges.
Carefully remove the dish from the oven and allow the lasagna to cool for 10 minutes before cutting and plating. Serve this lasagna with your favorite type of fresh bread and enjoy!
- Leave a comment below
If you’ve ever made cannabutter, chances are you’ve pondered this question. Once you strain the …
Kiff (also spelled kif, kief, kef, keef) is a potent cannabis extract most commonly produced …
More and more people are buying and eating edibles and experimenting with alternative methods of …
For medical cannabis patients who deal with a lot of pain, a really strong edible …