Not every cannabis infused treat has to be made with a ton of sugar and chocolate. This chicken salad is great for a potluck dinner — with emphasis on the “pot.”
- 1 Gardein chickn breast, cooked according to package directions, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
- ¾ cup celery, thin slices
- ½ cup walnut pieces
- ½ cup vegan mayo
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp ground mustard seed
- 2 tbsp coconutCannaOil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- Pinch cayenne (optional)
- ¼ tsp cracked black pepper
- Pinch course salt
- ½ cup water
- Prepare chickpeas. In a microwave safe bowl, add the chickpeas with a pinch of course salt and water. Microwave for 2 minutes. Drain off excess water and mash chickpeas, leaving a few whole. Cool in fridge (place in freezer for a few minutes if short on time).
- In a small bowl, add the mayo Dijon mustard, dill, coconut CannaOil, ground mustard seed, cayenne and pepper. Whisk together to combine. Adjust with pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the celery, walnuts, chick’n and smashed chickpeas. Stir in the dressing until fully combined. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes before serving. Store in a sealed container in fridge for up to 5 days.
Be sure to clean the chicken well before handling it and remember to clean your hands before and after dealing with raw meats.