When talking about cannabis, recreational or medicinal, there are two main classifications: indica and sativa. Strains that are pure sativa or pure indica share a set of typical effects. Cultivators combine these strains to create hybrids, which is where the majority of strains available fall. You can know a lot about how a cannabis strain may affect you if you know whether sativa or indica is more dominant. Here are some facts about the popular cannabis sativa plant.
- Sativa strains mainly affect the head. They’re popular due to the euphoric energy they provide, often stimulating creative or deep thinking
- You’re more likely to experience visual effects with sativa strains
- Cannabis sativa is native to countries near the equator. They thrive in warm, outdoor conditions
- You can visually tell the difference between indica and sativa. Sativa is tall and thin while indica plants are short and bushy
- Sativa strains are most effective for treating mental health and behavioral issues
- Sativa plants can grow very large, up to 20 feet
- Sativa strains tend to be higher in THC while indica typically has more CBD
Remember, although sativa and sativa-hybrid strains will share typical effects, each strain has a unique profile. The inclusion of terpenes and other cannabinoids are what make for such a wide variety of cannabis strains. This, in addition to your own individual body chemistry will determine how a strain affects you.
It doesn’t take much browsing through any seedbank’s website or your local dispensary (you lucky …
Each strain of cannabis carries a unique flavor profile and range of effects, which are …
Autoflowering cannabis strains are awesome. They grow fast and easy, and they fit pretty much …
Skunk, Haze, and Kush changed the way people grew and enjoyed cannabis around the World. …