Homemade cookies entirely from scratch, they’re simple, wonderfully fluffy, and can be mixed up in just three minutes. They’re made with a basic cake mix recipe, but kicked up a notch with some fresh lemon juice and some marijuana.
- 2¼ cups (270 grams) all-purpose flour,
- 2 teaspoons (about 8 grams) baking powder
- 1 (8-ounce/226-gram) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup (1 stick/113 grams) cannabutter, softened
- 1½ cups (300 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons (12 grams) freshly grated lemon zest, from 2 large lemons
- 1½ tablespoons (22.5 ml) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) pure vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon table salt
- 1 large egg plus 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 cup (60 grams) confectioners’ sugar and 1/2 cup cannasugar , sifted, for rolling & dusting cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Pour cake mix into a large bowl. Stir in eggs, oil, lemon juice and zest until well blended.
- Form dough into small balls (about 1 Tbsp.), and drop into a bowl of confectioners’ sugar. Roll them around until they’re lightly covered.
- Once sugared, place on a lightly-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 6 to 9 minutes in the preheated oven.
- The bottoms will be light brown, and the insides chewy.
*To get a rounder, fluffier cookie, let the dough refrigerate at least 30 minutes. You can also prepare the sugared balls of dough on the cookie sheet, and just refrigerate the sheet for about ten minutes for a similar effect.
- Leave a comment below