There’s not much better than a good steak, packed with herbs, garlic and cannabis!
- 1 (18-ounce) bone-in, cowboy-cut rib eye, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Kosher salt and coarsely ground fresh black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Garlic-Herb Cannabutter or another compound butter of your choosing
- 1 cup cannabutter
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground fresh black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
1. Put a 12-inch cast-iron skillet in the oven and preheat the oven to 500°F.
2. Rub the steak with the oil and season it liberally with salt and pepper.
3. Wearing an oven mitt, carefully remove the hot skillet from the oven and put it on the stove over high heat. Put the steak in the pan and sear it for 1 minute, then turn it and sear on the other side for 1 minute. Flip the steak and carefully return the pan to the oven.
4. Cook the steak for 3 minutes, flip it and cook for an additional 3 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer reads 140°F. Remove it from the oven and let it rest, tented with aluminum foil, for 10 minutes.
5. Slice meat off the bone and cut into thick slices. Top with cannabutter.
1. Bring your cannabutter to room temperature and blend in additional ingredients. This can be done by hand (with a fork or spoon) or in a food processor.
2. Once the butter is thoroughly blended, transfer it to a piece of parchment paper or plastic wrap. Roll the butter into a log and wrap it tightly.