Even if you don’t know what this delicious dish is, it’s worth trying. Especially when medicated! Traditional Greek or Turkish dessert is an easy-to-make culinary achievement that is sure to impress friends and family.
- 1 (16 ounce) package of phyllo dough
- ½ pound chopped pistachios
- ½ pound chopped walnuts
- 1 cup cannabis butter melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
*If you intend use cannabis infused butter and honey I suggest you replace the half of amount with regular butter or honey.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Butter the bottoms and sides of a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Coarsely chop both nuts and toss with cinnamon in small bowl. Set aside.
- Unroll phyllo dough. Cut whole stack in half to fit prepared baking pan. To keep from drying out, cover dough with a dampened cloth as you work.
- Place two sheets of dough in pan, brush generously with butter. Repeat until you have 8 sheets layered.
- Sprinkle 2 – 3 tablespoons of nut and cinnamon mixture on top. Top with two sheets of dough, butter, nuts, layering as you go. The top layer should be about 6 – 8 sheets deep.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into square shapes. Bake for about 50 minutes until baklava is crisp and golden.
- While baklava is baking, combine sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a light boil.
- Stir in honey, lemon juice, and vanilla extract; reduce heat and simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Remove baklava from oven and immediately drizzle the sauce on top with a spoon.
- Allow baklava to cool.
The ideal serving time is about 6 hours after creation.
- Leave a comment below