What’s the only thing better than chocolate? Chocolate with CBD! Cannabis-infused chocolate is perhaps one of the more perfect unions found in this world.
CBD chocolate is a great way to introduce hemp-based products to someone skeptical about adding cannabis to their regimen. This tasty treat doesn’t have a negative connotation surrounding it like a capsule, tincture or CBD flower might.
Like CBD, chocolate has powerful antioxidant properties. In fact, it contains more antioxidants than the majority of foods. It also contains a variety of essential minerals, including magnesium, copper, potassium, and iron.
Chocolate has been used for centuries as a food, medicine, and even an aphrodisiac. It’s also considered a stimulant and has many health benefits when consumed in moderation.
When you consume a good quality, high-percentage dark chocolate in moderation, it could have the following benefits:
- Protects against cardiovascular disease
- Reduces diabetes risk
- Stimulates the central nervous system
Of course, eating too much chocolate could have adverse effects, such as weight gain. Studies have found that a daily dose of 25g of chocolate may result in weight gain. However, lower doses of 6g did not lead to any changes in body weight.
What Is CBD?
In much the same way, cannabis has also been used for thousands of years, as an industrial crop, a medicine, and a spiritual aid. And as we’re well aware, cannabis also has a wide variety of health benefits.
If you’re new to CBD oil, let us explain exactly what it is.
Cannabidiol – CBD, is one of 104 chemical compounds found in hemp. It will not get you high since it doesn’t have any THC in it, which is the main psychoactive cannabinoid found in cannabis. It doesn’t make you feel crazy different. It does take kind of bad.
CBD oil is known to help with loads of different ailments including:
- trouble sleeping
- cancer related symptoms
- heart health
Why Should I Eat CBD Chocolate?
Besides wiping out any preconceived stigmas and the taste factor, there are many reasons to eat CBD chocolate.
CBD chocolate is an inconspicuous way to get a daily serving of CBD. For example, you can easily bring the chocolate with you on a bus ride to support your mood. It’s also a great after-dinner snack when you’ve eaten a bit too much — dark chocolate is an excellent prebiotic food for the bacteria in your gut that’s responsible for helping with digestion!
How to Make CBD Chocolate
Although it might sound tricky, making cannabis-infused chocolate at home is really simple. Just remember to take your time and melt your chocolate slowly, and to use top-shelf weed.
N.B. The following recipe is with an estimated amount of marijuana. Remember that edibles can hit harder then you expect, so feel free to judge the amount according to your own experience. It is strongly advised to first learn how to calculate the strength of edibles.
To make these chocolates, you are going to need a few things that you probably already have.
CBD Chocolate Ingredients
- 1 cup of cocoa butter* for edible or cooking purpose
- 1 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 60 drops (2 droppers) CBD oil
CBD Chocolate Directions
- First, make a double boiler. You do this by taking a pot, and adding just a little bit of water to it, then placing a PYREX glass bowl on top of the pot.
- Add the cocoa butter to the bowl.
- Stir as the butter melts.
- Once your cocoa butter is melted, remove it from the heat.
- Add the CBD, honey, and vanilla to the melted butter.
- Add cocoa powder, and begin to stir.
- Stir until blended and smooth, then taste. Add more honey and vanilla as needed to bring it to the sweetness and bitterness you desire.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into your molds. This part can get a little messy so I recommend putting the chocolate into a glass measuring cup first. Only fill the molds 3/4 full.
- Place the molds in the fridge for 3 hours then they are ready to enjoy! It’s best to keep the chocolates refrigerated because they will get ready mushy or melt if left out too long.
*BONUS RECIPE: CBD Hot Chocolate
This CBD chocolate recipe is one of our favorites. This warming beverage is best enjoyed in the evening to help you relax before bed. Here’s what you will need for each serving:
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup of milk or plant-based alternative (we love using hemp milk)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- A few drops of CBD oil
- A pinch of salt
- Small saucepan
- Place the cocoa powder in your favorite mug and mix with a dash of cold milk to make a paste.
- Warm the remaining milk in the pan until it reaches just below boiling point.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the maple syrup, CBD oil, and salt.
- Pour the milk mixture over the cocoa paste and stir well.
- Enjoy while warm.
TIPS FOR EVEN MORE IRRESISTIBLE CANNABIS CHOCOLATE
- It is very important, because there are no additives in this CBD chocolate, that it stays refrigerated. It will melt a lot faster than your general chocolate bar!
- Try flavoring your chocolate with orange/lemon zest, chili oil, or mint.
- Try adding some M&M’s, raisins or nuts to the chocolate when pouring it in the mold.
There you have it, your very own CBD chocolate. It’s quick, it’s easy, and it’s delicious! The benefits of CBD oil are too great to pass up. If you get a headache, take some CBD oil. Trouble falling asleep? You know what to do. It’s a natural product that can help you, why wouldn’t you give it a try?