CBD short or Cannabidiol is a non psychoactive compound in cannabis responsible for many of cannabis medical benefits. On the other hand THC short for tetrahydrocannabinol is the psychoactive compound in marijuana that causes the high associated with cannabis use.
They are two completely separate cannabinoids which are a class of chemical compounds that interact with special receptors in our body called cannabinoid receptors.
Dr. Sanjay Gupta, an American neurosurgeon and CNN’s chief medical correspondent changed his stance on the prohibition of cannabis.While researching its strong therapeutic properties and witnessing CBD successfully treat Americans, he shocked mainstream America saying:
We have been terribly and systematically misled for nearly seventy years in the United States.And I apologize for my role in that. Through Dr. Gupta’s review of the history of cannabis he found that it has been a legitimate medicine for at least 3,000 years.
Dr. Gupta isn’t alone in supporting cannabis research.
The director of the National Institute on Drug Abuse Dr. Nora Volkow testified before the Senate, saying that CBD appears to be a safe drug with no addictive effects. And the latest data show that it could have therapeutic value for a number of diseases. Researcher found out, that CBD can influence many health conditions and bodily functions. Including Inflammation, Neuropathic pain, Autoimmune disease, Energy regulation, Metabolism, Appetite, Depression, Anxiety and even cancer.
At the end of this article you will find a complete list of all known uses of CBD.
The answer lies in our biochemistry, the natural intelligence of the body. We have naturally occurring cannabinoid receptors in our body and CBD interacts with them. We have these receptors and our body is constantly making its own cannabinoids. These Cannabinoids and Receptors make up most of our Endocannabinoid System or short ECS. Our ECS is always in action and that it is functioning properly is a major factor in keeping us healthy.
CBD is the most abundant cannabinoid in hemp, a cannabis crop the federal government allowed individual states to legalize in the 2014 farm bill.Hemp derived CBD is legal in all 50 states. It is non-addictive, does not cause a high and is easy to incorporate into your current health routine.
What is cbd used for: A list of known uses of CBD:
- Antibiotic-resistant infections
- Reduces Risk of Artery Blockage
- Reduces Blood Sugar Levels
- Chronic pain
- Epileptic Seizures
- Helps the Immune System
- Hepatitis C
- Increases efficacy of the immune system
- Inflammation and Autoimmunity
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Inhibits Cell Growth in Tumors/Cancer Cells
- Kills or Slows Bacterial Growth
- Liver Diseases
- Lowers Incidence of Diabetes
- Effective for Treating Substance Use Disorders
- Help with Quitting Smoking
- Reduces nervous system degeneration
- Promote Heart Health
- Protect From Mad Cow Disease
- Provide Treatment for Acne
- May Relieve Multiple Sclerosis Symptoms
- Pain relief
- Promotes bone growth
- Promotes brain tissue growth in alcoholism
- Reduce seizures and convulsions
- Reduces nicotine cravings
- Reducing contractions in small intestine
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Schizophrenia & Psychosis
- Suppresses muscle spasms
- Treats fungal infection
- Vascular and muscle relaxing
- Vomiting and Nausea
- You like our articles? Let us know in the comments below.